Jon is so sweet. He would probablly go to the end of the earth for me.
Tonight we are going to a dinner at our church; me, him, and Ava. The guys are cooking and serving the girls. lol. That's the way it should be!!
Sunday, me, my cousins, and Jon are going to the local bridal show. I was surprised that he wanted to come. Mostly he tells me that a wedding is mostly for the girl, so she should do what she wants, but I think secretly he wants to be involved. I try to ask for his opinion and things. It helps to have his opinion cause sometimes there are things that I'm not sure on and its easier for him to make the decision. It's nice too, because this is stressing me out and it's nice to have some help.
We haven't done much planning yet because we're not getting married until next fall. But, I need to make some decisions such as: are we having a dance or not, in a church or hall, small or big, casual or fancy, dinner or dessert reception, close family/friends or extended family as well??!! Lots of big decisions to make before you can even look at booking sites or people.
So far, we've come up with this:
- small wedding with parents/siblings, aunts/uncles/cousins, grandparents, a few friends (around 50 ppl)
- no dance, b/c neither of us dance or like to and it would offend my relatives
- wedding in a church, lunch reception at a nice resuraunt (Marche, probablly)
- morning wedding
- not a big reception, but we want a slideshow of the families and my aunt & 2 cousins to sing something
- taking three days or so in a hotel after the wedding, maybe Niagara Falls or Ottawa
- do the honeymoon trip a couple months later, maybe Maui, Jamacia or somewhere in Europe
- my pup is going to be the ring barer, my brother or little cousin will walk him down the isle
- me and my mom are going to make our own invitations b/c we have over a year to work on them
- my dad has agreed to pay, but we haven't set a budget yet
- still have to talk to his parents to see what they will contribute; they tend to be cheap
- the Bridal Registery will be at HBC (the Bay, Home Outfitters, Zellers) and maybe Walmart
- I want navy blue towels. lol
- I want sleeves on my dress, I hate strapless things, I have fat arms
- we want to buy a house by then, but realistically....I have to warm him up to the idea of renting
- I want to lose a lot of weight by then!!
Stupid, long post, nobody will read it, but I just wanted to write it out, sort of like thinking out loud.